Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Eyes Have It

Grab this related post Widget!
The last couple of days have been a blur. In a way that is a play on words, at least from Cynthia’s viewpoint (there I go again!). You see (counting the title that's four puns already. Dude----), she had cataract/lens replacement surgery yesterday morning, and I’ve been doing my best to take care of her. All went well, and when she has the other eye done soon she will never again need contact lenses, which she has worn since her early twenties.

I’m scrambling to pull a last-minute presentation about blogging together for the Cuenca International Writer’s Conference. Friends have said, “Oh, you’ve been writing your blog for years. You can just wing it.” Sorry, kids, that’s not my style. All the paying attendees deserve from every presenter more than “just winging it,” so I’m hunkering down here at the computer.

I did take time to attend the opening cocktail party for the event last night and the keynote address this morning. The organizers have really done a fantastic job and everyone I’ve met has been delightful. This is a great addition to Cuenca’s cultural scene.

OK, let me get back to work. I’m up to bat at 2 PM tomorrow, and time’s a’wastin’. Wish me luck and more later.

P.S. Hey, see those social media icons on the left of the page that you never pay any attention to? If you would take a second to click on any and all of the ones you participate in each time you read my posts it would mean a lot to me and help build readership for this blog. Thanks!

2 comments:

test blog said...

I am enjoying reading your posts!
Good luck with your presentation!

Edd Staton said...

Gracias, amigo. We'll miss seeing you in New Orleans!